To set up SPF and DKIM for Mimecast, please follow the steps given below:
If you don’t have SPF record and wants to set the SPF record for Mimecast then :
- Log in to your DNS management console
- Navigate to your domain section and publish the following SPF record:
v=spf1 include:_netblocks.mimecast.com ~all
If you already have SPF record and wants to add the Mimecast domain into existing SPF record then:
- Log in to your Domain Registrar
- Modify your domain’s SPF record to specify Mimecast as the authorized outbound service
If your previous SPF record was
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all
your new SPF record will be
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:_netblocks.mimecast.com ~all
- Login to Mimecast.
- Select Administration console.
- From the top left select Administration > Gateway > policies.
- Select definitions drop down select DNS Authentication – Outbound.
- Select New DNS Authentication – Outbound signing.
- Set a name for the definition
- Tick the checkbox Sign outbound mail with DKIM
- Use the lookup option to select domain to DKIM sign
- Select generate
- Create a TXT record within your DNS with the public key provided save and exit
- Verify public key in Mimecast console